In the USA, there are over 400,000 trucking accidents every year.
Have you or a loved one suffered an injury or even death due to an accident involving a truck or 18-wheeler? The Grady Law Firm can help.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 3,000 people are killed, and approximately 88,000 people are injured in auto accidents involving an 18-wheeler every year in the U.S. In 2011, fatalities in crashes involving Large Trucks increased by 2% from the previous year.
The Grady Law Firm, P.C. is dedicated to achieving maximum results in your case. We work with our clients hand-in-hand to strategize your best defense. Our team of uniquely qualified team will treat you with respect and see your case through till the very end. When the Grady Law Firm, P.C. takes on your case, we will fight for you until total and complete justice is served.
Common Causes of Trucking accidents:
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Truck Driver Fatigue
- Failure to Use Signals / Improper Use of Signals
- Improper Passing
- Improper Turn
- Improper / Erratic Lane Change
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signs
- Reckless Driving
If you are a victim, you should discuss your case with The Grady Law Firm immediately.
If too much time goes by before your case is taken on, some evidence my become impossible to acquire, including witness statements.
Once we have taken on your case, we perform a thorough investigation and acquire all available evidence necessary to prove and maximize your claim.
The Grady Law Firm has a proven record of successfully obtaining the compensation our clients deserve. A negligent driver can be held liable for:
- Medical Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Loss of Earnings
- Loss of Consortium
- Property Damage
Frequently asked questions about Trucking Accidents
- Call the police and have them fill out a Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report.
- Seek Medical Treatment ASAP. It is very important for a Doctor to document all symptoms to verify that your injuries wer caused by the accident and were not pre-existing.
- Take Photographs of the accident and injuries. Continue to document your injuries during the healing process.
- Do not give statements or sign anything from the other party’s insurance company. They will only be used against you.
- Contact your insurance company whether you are at fault or not. Failing to do so may result in your company refusing to cover the accident or your injuries.
- Call The Grady Law Firm, P.C.
Absolutely. The insurance company’s goal is to make money. Often times, they appear to deal fairly with policy holders, but become more difficult to deal with when it comes time for compensation. Having an attorny present during this process makes it more difficult for bad faith insurance practices to occur. The Grady Law Firm, P.C. is committed to maxizing your claim and making sure that justice is served.
A Traffic Collision Report usually has to fault one party or antoher even if both drivers are at fault. This does not necessarily mean that you are at fault, it just needs to be disproven based on all facts involved. Generally, this is taken by the court as an opinion and could possibly be admissible.
After an accident, the other party’s insurance company will try to obtain a recorded statement from you. However, The Grady Law Firm, P.C.’s rule of thumb, is not to give any statement without first consulting an attorney. Anything that is recorded could be misconstrued and held against you in court. Insurance companies use this tactic all of the time just to dismiss your case.
The Statute of Limitations in Texas is 2 years. To insure that the insurance company does not intentionally delay your claim, you should have an attorney handle your case.
Fill out the form below for your free case evaluation